|5 Tips To Save On Auto Insurance
The Internet has created increasing competition between car insurance companies. It is easier than ever for consumers to shop for low insurance rates, to analyze coverage and compare premiums. Still, studies have shown that people don't shop around for insurance in the same way they might shop for a new car. Also, people tend to stay with the same car insurance company for years. Why not prove these studies wrong? Put the power of the Net to work for you and save money in the process.
Saving money on your Instant Car Insurance Quote may be easier than you think. here are 5 tips to help you save money.
1. Ask about discounts: Many insurance companies reduce premiums as a result of certain driver traits or a car's safety/security features. You may be eligible for a discount if you have been a homeowner for more than three years, you're a student with good grades, or if you drive a car with antilock brakes, antitheft devices, airbags, etc.
2. Ask for higher deductibles. When you file a claim, a deductible is the amount of money you pay before your insurance company kicks in. Higher deductibles mean lower premiums. For example, increasing your deductible from $200 to $500 on collision coverage could reduce your cost by as much as 30 percent.
3. Look for ways to save. Car insurance discounts vary in each state. When you get a quote for auto insurance quotes from our website you can find out which discounts are available for drivers in your state. Some additional factors that may lower your rate or help you get a discount on your auto insurance may include:
* Factory-installed safety equipment * Factory-installed anti-theft devices * Additional anti-theft equipment * Good students in certain age groups
4. Discounts for Auto aaa car insurance triple Safety Features Auto safety features will also lower your payments. Heading the list of money saving Cheap Breakdown Car Cover Insurance safety features is antilock brakes. Certain states -- such as Florida, New Jersey and New York -- encourage drivers to buy cars with antilock brakes by requiring insurers to give discounts. Check to see if you live in such a state, or if the insurance company you are considering gives a discount for this feature. Automatic seatbelts and airbags are also frequently rewarded with insurance discounts.
5. Ask about antilock brakes. Some states, including Florida, New Jersey, and New York, require insurers to give discounts for cars equipped with antilock brakes. Some insurance companies give the discount no matter where you live.